节气科普 - 火辣辣的夏至用英语怎么说?
“夏 至”
“夏至”古时又称“夏节”、“夏至节”,是我国最早的节日之一,夏至过后,天气会越来越热。那么,夏至如何用英文表达呢?
首先,“夏至”的英语是:
Summer Solstice
(the day of the year with the most hours of daylight)。
solstice ['sɑlstəs]的意思是:至,至日;至点。
所以说,summer+solstice就是“夏至”的意思啦!
“酷暑”表达神句
1.It’s stiflingly hot. I can hardly study all!
天气太闷热了,我根本没法好好学习!
2.It’s raining fire! The road is melting and I am leaking/ sweating.
太热了!感觉浑身都在滴汗,路也在融化。
3.If we do not escape the heat, it is easy to have sunstroke and emotionally.
这样的天气不避暑,不仅身体会中暑,情绪也会中暑的!
4.I am sweating like a pig, and I'm not doing anything.
虽然我什么都没做,但还是汗流浃背。
5.Let's stay at home; you could fry eggs on the sidewalk.
我们呆在家里吧,人行道上都可以煎蛋了。
6.It's too hot to think. I need to find some place to cool off.
热得我都没法思考,我需要找个地方凉快凉快。
7.Today is a thermometer breaker! Let's go swimming.
今天热得温度计都要爆了!我们去游泳吧。
8.It's hot with a capital "H". Turn up the air conditioner!
今天是最热的一天,快把空调打开!
9.It's not just hot, it's Africa hot! This weather is terrible.
不止是热,是像非洲一样热!天热得吓人。
10.It's hot enough to melt hell. I hope it will be cooler soon.
现在热得足以把地狱熔化了,希望很快能够凉快一点。